Thursday, October 9, 2008

In the life of Lizzy...

Everything is exciting! Today we had Cafe Rio for lunch. Lizzy was enjoying her quesadilla when she suddenly gasped and exclaimed "a book in there!" She had peeled open her quesadilla like a book! It was so funny!

I took her back to her doctor for a follow up on her infection. He said that she looked great! He couldn't believe that all of her spots went away so quickly. Dr. C was also wondering if the Dr. that diagnosed Lizzy with a staph infection had actually done a culture test to see if she really had it, he did not.

Dr.C said that staph and strep are very closely related so it may have been one or the other. Either way I have a healthy girl! She still isn't done with medicine though. Apparently the bacterias likes to colonize in noses so I have to rub a medicine on a Q-tip 2x a day and rub it around in her nose. The first time I did it, she scrunched her face up and said "it tickles noses." Lizzy is just so darn sweet! She didn't even fight me on it! When I said it was time for medicine, she willingly opened her mouth and stuck out her tongue. She makes parenting easy. (Most of the time :)

OH! And I finally got adorable purple sheer curtains for Lizzy's room! They are so girly! They have sequined butterflies and flowers on them. They are perfect!Her room is finally coming together. Now, all I have to do is finish my room, and build an entertainment center from scratch so I can move our TV table over to be an end table and then paint our current end table so that it can be turned into a coloring/play table for Lizzy's room and buy upholstery to finish the chair that I took apart a month+ ago.

I love having things to do to keep me busy. Soon my house will be so cute! Feel free to come and visit me when it's done, or sooner if you want! Lizzy and I would love it!

12 comments:

Flee said...

Heather F~can you guess which song is for you? :)

Davenport Family said...

You guys are the cutest! I wish we lived closer so Kimmie & Lizzy could play all the time! I am so excited to see all your projects when you finish! I have been working on a few things & today Seth's aunt (who is a kick A seamstress) came over & our couches ripped in two spots & are getting old & dingy....anyway, she asked me if I wanted her to help me make slip covers for them. I was like H YEAH!!! But, to buy enough fabric will probably cost around $100-$200 so it might have to wait a while. Man, I always write such long comments. Anyway, I love you guys & am so happy Lizzy is feeling better. She is such a little ham, I just love her!

Corilee said...

Glad to hear Lizzie's ok. Her curtains sound darling. You should let me come over some time and let me see your apartment. If you need a garage to build your enterteinment center and a little unprofessional help I'd be glad to help and I'm sure Michelle would too.

Corilee said...

Doris, I don't know how to send you my blogs or get your comments except through Flee's bolg. It would be fun to hear from you commenting on my blogs. My blogs are very long and wordy (never could contain the details when I spoke or wrote, but you know that.)
I'll have to ask Michelle to set it up so I can send and recieve from you.

Flee, I hope you don't mind me writing to your mother on your blog. Hopefully we can get this resolved soon so I won't have to use you like this.

Love to you both,

Corilee

Anonymous said...

I still cannot believe she talks so much!

Steve and Chelle said...

she is so cute! 'a book in there!' Love that girl to pieces!

and mom, your garage was kinda already offered to make the entertainment center! hope you don't mind! and also, I'll come down later today before I go to work and see if I can figure out what you mean about doris' blog and stuff!

geez, whats wrong with us southerns! We keep writing to other peeps on your blog flee! so sorry!

anyway, have so much fun today! and YAY for MAKING an entertainment center tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!! I think Steve might want to go to his parents house to do it cause he knows where everything is there, but I don't know. I'll let you know! :)

love your guts! call me later! (oh wait, I have to work tomorrow, so I'll probably take a nap later, hmmm. call me anyway!)

ok, all done with the novel!
thats all!
chelle

Steve and Chelle said...

and by I have to work tomorrow, I meant I have to work today. yeah. I've been severly lacking on the sleep lately! time for a ni-nite since joe-joe is tired!

mwah!

nora.lakehurst said...

Good times. I can't wait till danni has her own room so I can totally girly it up. Right now her and Tru share a room. So I have to wait.
Build an entertainment center from scratch sounds fun! Ihope you will enjoy it as much as you seem to enjoy writting about it ;)
Love ya

September said...

Are you like a supermom or something? Good grief your project list is not only longer than mine but also much more labor intensive!


Good luck!

Jenn said...

You stun me! Maybe someday I'll do as much as you do as a mommy.

Lizzie is so cute. What a little muffin head! Love the things kids say!

ems said...

K - the that last Jenn comment was me not Jenn. I really got to figure my computer out. Sorry!

Ashley said...

I cannot believe she takes medicine that good. You do have a little angel. seriously jealous! THe book comment is so cute. I love this age. they say and do the funniest stuff!