This story is so sad! It breaks my heart.
Yesterday while Lizzy was taking her nap I was in my room trying to do the same. (I stayed up way to late the night before.) Just as I'm on the brink of sleep, you know where I mean, she started crying for me. It was somewhat frantic so I went running in to see what was going on. Lizzy was still sleeping! She was crying for me in her sleep and reaching out to me! OH! Can you imagine? It was so so sad. I gently smoothed her hair and gave her her "lovie bear" and then she was fine. (I would have gotten her up if she hadn't just gone down 15 mins earlier and if she didn't really need a nap since she hadn't gotten one the day before.) She woke up in a such a great mood! I guess her dream ended well.
This is a picture of Lizzy from sunday. She was all ready and excited to go to church! She loves nursery!
6 comments:
Aww,it's so hard when they have bad dreams. I'm glad she slept well afterwards though. She's a cutie!
Sounds like it might have been a night terror. Benjamin used to get those. He'd start screaming but would never actually wake up.
You might want to ask her Dr. about it if it keeps happening. I've heard it's pretty common right around 2 years.
It's rough on mom and dad but as far as I know the kids aren't really too affected by them.
Oh, and I really love her little outfit...it's adorable.
Could you send it to Eliza when she outgrows it ;)
i miss you guys. taylor found your watch under my couch (along with the wipes container and your picture that you left here).
I hate bad dreams, nightmares, night terrors, whatever those things are that make little kids wake up crying or screaming frantically. Korbin has been doing a lot of that lately. He is teething, but it's more than that. He seems to be waking up more frequently crying at night and on top of feeling bad for him I am beginning to turn into zombie mom.
Sad little day! I hope it won't happen again any time soon. Emma had a bad dream a while back and now gets up 1-3 times a night saying she had a bad dream, but I know she hasn't because she screams and cries when she has a bad dream. It's starting to get a little tough to get a good nights sleep. :) Oh well, it is cute to hear her say a prayer each time she gets up.
Post a Comment