I can't even describe how it breaks my heart. I really am so sad. Appearantly Staphylococcus is a bacteria that grows on everyones skins. It doesn't matter how much you bathe. Anyone can get it. I do keep my baby clean. But it's times like these you just wonder what you did wrong. You wonder, "how could I have done a better job to prevent this?"
Here are some pics of her spots and a video of her "itchy back dance".
These weren't there last night.
This is another one that I thought was a spider bite.
She has 4 more spots/bumps on her forehead that didn't turn out in the pictures.
13 comments:
oh my goodness, poor baby!
Don't waste your energy blaming yourself. Just take good care of that little girl.
You're a great mom! Everyone knows it. Especially Lizzy.
glad you took her in! I would have done the same thing and to me that constitutes a good mom... CARE!
OH so sweet. I am glad you went in. I am glad you didnt wait. You never know what more it could have done. She is so sweet. I am glad that you had Michelle there to help you.
Can you try benedryl cream. My kids hate calimine so I had to buy this cream that seemed to help alot more. But I am not a nurse or even close to one.
Luvs we missed ya today at the party.
Poor little Lizzy! She is such a trooper! Don't worry, you didn't do anything wrong. I remember Kimmie kept getting thrush really bad. She always had white patches on her tongue and kept getting yeast infections when she was first born. I felt TERRIBLE!! I swear were practice good hygiene too but the doctor said some people are just prone to certain things, now we feed her yogurt everyday:) Tell Lizzy Kimmie loves her and misses her!!!
P.S. I just wanted to vouch for Felicia, she is a very clean person! I know she doesn't let Lizzy roll around in filth:) I love you Flee and we all know you do a wonderful job with Lizzy, but sometimes kids just get sick no matter what we do! You are doing a great job, keep up the great work!!!
nothing you did made this happen. YOu are doing a good job. Mason had spots that looked like this for awhile but they went away on there own. I never figured out what it was though I thought it was from him sitting in the grass in his diaper cause when I started puting a blanket down they went away. I hope she gets better soon.
oh that breaks my heart!! Lizzy's too sweet to have those bites. I'm so glad you followed your instincts and went to the docs. And of course you're a terrific mom. It's true, these things do happen. Give her lots of hugs and kisses from us!
yeah- stupid staph (hate that word!) Let me say (for the thousandth time) this is absolutely NOT your fault! Really. Not at all.
But her itchy back dance is SO SO cute! can't get enough of it! Still cracks me up! Poor thing!
Ouch,poor girlie!! I'm glad she is on medicine now. Staph is a nasty thing,my mom has had it before. I hope she gets better soon!
You are a great mom! I felt the same "mommy guilt" when Brianna got stitches. I promise it gets easier! Kids get hurt,it's a hard fact of life. *hugs* for you!
Get better soon Lizzy. I'm glad you guys figured out what it is. Not fun!
Wow, that looks even worse than you described it in your last post. Good thing you got that taken care of!
You're an awesome mom, never let yourself believe anything different because that's Satan trying to get you down on yourself. Just don't give in to it because you are fabulous!!
So sad! Glad you figured it out quickly... now she won't have to suffer long. You two are so cute!
Oh poor thing! I can't tell you how many countless times I have seen this in my office I work in. Not fun and once again for the thousandth time, it really isn't anything you did, staph happens! Take care! Maybe I will have to come drop off some fruit pizza when I make it again!
Post a Comment