WIND!
And so much of it!
Out the window I saw the trees swaying alot. And very hard.
I love big storms! I find them exciting. Reminds me of Michigan I guess, they get big thunderstorms in TC far more frequently than I do out here. :(
I went back to my room and the noise was so much louder in there! Really very loud! It took me a while to realize that it was the siding coming off the house! At least the wind was prying it up and slapping it back down so hard that it shook my wall to the point I thought my, overloaded with books, shelves would fall down. I dreaded cleaning up that whole mess...
Now, the wind has died down a little bit, it's still a chilly, I LOVE IT! I love fall and all of the unexpected weather changes! I love that it's getting cool enough to wear sweaters and jackets. I love how the air seems fresher out side. I love opening my windows to let the freshess in (and the stink out). I love camping in the fall because it gets "cuddly cold" at night and still plenty warm in the day to enjoy fishing, hiking or whatever you want to do while camping! I gladly and whole heartedly welcome in the first day of fall 2008.
14 comments:
I LOVE the fall too! I miss the great Michigan thunder storms! Yesterday was great here too, it got all stormy & rained on and off all day. Between rain storms it was sunny & I loved it! It is just cold enough to keep the windows open a little bit, but snuggle under a blanket. Love it!!! We are so alike:)
Oh yeah, funny you should mention camping, I just told Seth yesterday I wanted to go camping. We were sitting on the porch with Kimmie watching the rain & it reminded me of my favorite sound, the sound of rain hitting your tent at night while camping. Now I have to find time for us to go camping before it gets too cold!
I loved reading this post. So positive and uplifting. Thanks.
I love fall!
and get me your email address so I can send you info on our playgroup! we'd love to have y'all!
i love fall, too! but not the camping part, ha ha! hope your house is okay!
yeah- we should totally go camping!!! Maybe . . . this weekend??? sound like fun???
so yeah. Probable won't see you today cause I have to work. I also have to work wednesday. So probably won't see you until like thursday. unless you call and want to hang!!
So yeah. LOVE THE WIND!!!
Ditto September! You have always been a Sunbeam! You should be the Sunbeam teacher for real. I'll put in a good word with God.
I love fall too!!! sounds nice! too bad texas is hot!! that is one thing i loved about utah was spring and fall!!
I love fall. Its so neat. I love the crisp air the well you know. Fall ROCKS! But I think spring is better. (ah dont cyber hit me)
Oh you just brought back so many memories of those Michigan storms. I use to love to watch the storms and count the seconds between the lightning and the thunder. Or is it the other way around? I don't quit remember cause it has been so long. I don't think I have seen storms like that here in Utah. The best part about a storm is when it is ending and the sun starts to peak out again. Although it would not be quit as enjoyable with out the storm before.
I prefer spring because when it's fall, I know winter is right around the corner. BRRR!
YOu are going to have to tell me how to get that update thing on your blog. I want to do it so I can stop going and looking at everyones (non updated) blogs.
Love this post! You are always such a positive and fun person. I want to be like you when I grow up!
I love storms too, especially the smell of the rain on the pavement!
mom (corilee) you are so funny!! "I'll put in a good word with God." HAA HAA!!! that was great. Laughed right out loud at that one!!
yeah. I like fall but I agree with Stace, I love fall but have a hard time with it cause winter is next. I could be ok with like 2 weeks of snow- the week before christmas and the week after. Other than that- bring on the sunshine!!!
Post a Comment