
Bon fire smoke is some powerful stuff! I did all of my laundry today! I was getting down to my really old, less desirable clothes, like my Junior class (circa 1998) t-shirt. (It's awesome! Pac-Man on the front and on the back it says "CHOMP ON THIS!" It's sweet! but, old and ratty.) I finally washed all of my campfire stuff, including blankets and coats and the rest of Lizzy and my attire from that evening. Here's the amazing part, it still stinks! Can you believe it? Really, it does! I washed it in hot water, dried on a medium temp. with a scented fabric softener and my stuff still stinks! Not as bad as before, but there is some lingering stench.
What else can I do? Please, I want answers! That is not a rhetorical question.
10 comments:
I am calling you to tell you something that might work!
Try vinegar it works.
Yes, I always use distilled vinegar with our towels so they don't smell, so try the vinegar.
I don't have any brilliant ideas. Good luck with the vinegar idea. That campfire smell is bad news!
You got smart friends, I heard vodka works too if you wanna make it fun! JUST KIDDING but here: add 1 cup of washing soda, 1/4 cup ammonia and 1/2 cup of vinegar to the washload. Be sure not to add bleach, as it will react with the ammonia. You can also add 1/2 cup vinegar to the rinse to remove any lingering odor....:) Let your clothes air dry outside if you can, the smell will be gone in no time!
yeah, but then what about the smell of the vinegar? can you smell the vinegar on the clothes after they have been washed- cause if you can, I'd honestly rather have the campfire smell!!!
no brilliant ideas here either. Except maybe the oxyclean stuff. That always gets old smells out for me!
If all else fails, try putting some perfume in. I have no idea if this will work but if it does you will smell nice.
The vinegar rinses out. It doesn't leave a smell at all.
Yep vinager is AWESOME. And it removes so many odors its so nice. Cheap and you can put in as much as you want and it will not ruin your clothes since it is natural. AH I am not a greenie but it really does work.
Lol I know what you mean. I love the smell of a camp fire until I get home and can smell it on my clothes. I don't want to even wear those clothes in public. Maybe you can try washing it in Oxi clean or throw a lemon in the washer. I heard that works. lol
Post a Comment