Saturday, September 27, 2008

Freaking Out!

Something is eating Lizzy alive! And I don't know what or where it is! Last week, when I was getting her out of bed in the morning, she had a pimple like bit on her leg and 1 on her back, I just thought they were mosquito bites since we had been outside the evening before. They aren't! The one on her leg has since gotten so much bigger, possibly because she scratches at it, and now she complains that it hurts. I think it has to be a spider bite! And they have multiplied! She has 3 on her back, 1 on her leg, 1 on her neck and now a strange bump on her head that also hurts! (She was babysat tonight, so she may have hit her head.) The ones on her leg and neck are the only big ones, the others look like pimples.
Today, I went into "Mama Bear Mode"(protecting my baby), I tore her room apart, literally. I flipped her bed upside down, moved everything stored under it, I moved the rug, dressers, guest bed, curtains, toys, EVERYTHING! I can't find anything. Not even a simple spider web, cob web, web string! NOTHING! Nada. Zero. Zip. Zilch!
I keep my house clean. I really do! I change our bedding, especially Lizzy's ('cause she's sweaty when she sleeps), generally every week/week and 1/2. I pick it up the house everyday and I vacuum at least 2x a week. (Usually more than that.) Since I have lived in my house, I don't *think I have ever seen a spider. They had just put new carpet in and had it painted right before I moved in. It was very clean.
  • *I am terribly arachnophobic. It's awful. So, I'm not sure if I actually saw these spiders of if I imagined them. I have been known to do that...
  • Spider#1 Rachel (sis in law) "dreamed" (she didn't know if she was awake or sleeping) that she saw a white spider on my wall when she was spending the night. I later woke up and thought I saw it on my wall in my room. I was still a bit drowsy and when I looked the 2ND time, it was gone!
  • Spider#2 I went in to check on Lizzy and I thought I saw a black spider next to her head on her pillow! When I looked again, it was gone! (I had only blinked)
Now, it is possible that I brought the spiders in myself when I moved the stuff from our storage unit. But you'd think that I would have seen them while I was unpacking and rearranging everything. I don't know what to think. If it gets any worse though, I think I am going to take her to the Dr. on Monday, or to an Insta-care tomorrow if I have to. It is really freaking me out! I feel so bad for my baby. Why won't this thing come after me? She is so little and sweet. It breaks my heart to see her like that. She kept pointing/grabbing at her leg saying "ouchy, ouchy!" So sad.

10 comments:

Stacey said...

Awww,poor girl! The same thing has been happening with Josh. On 3 separate mornings he has got out of bed with bites on his body. Earlier this week,he had 3 bites on the back of his neck. I haven't been able to find a spider either. Stupid spiders!

Davenport Family said...

How super sad! I hate spiders & I found one while I was vacuuming under Kimmie's crib last week! I of course killed it. Seth wasn't home or I would have had him kill it. I don't normally kill spiders but I couldn't let it live under Kimmie's bed! I also clean all the time but those dang spiders are tricky!!! We will say a special pray for Lizzy! Love you guys!

nora.lakehurst said...

Um if she is saying it hurts I would take her in. I am a perinoid parent so I would take her in if it was any of my kids.
Anyways I hope you find the fiend and kill it.

Steve and Chelle said...

Yeah- Joe's gotten a couple of those too. But really only like 2. I'm wondering if maybe he got them while playing there, cause I hadn't seen a new one until today- and they were there for quite a while yesterday. Hmmm. yeah, HMMMMMMM.

September said...

Not to freak you out or anything but I really think you need to get her in and find out for sure what they are.
If they're getting bigger and hurting her you really need to get her seen.

Let us know what happens.

ems said...

So sorry about your baby girl! I know what you mean about being in "mama bear mode," anything to protect our children. You are an awesome mommy.

I don't know about the bites. I think if they are that bad I'd probably take her in to the doctor tomorrow, but if she isn't acting sick or anything, I probably wouldn't go to the instacare today. Of course you are the one who is with her, so you kind of have to decide how bad it is. :(

Good luck! Finding spiders is a tough thing to do. I hope you'll figure it out!

nora.lakehurst said...

Oh if you want I got some spider spray you spray around windows and floor boards and ect. It doesnt really kill them it just keeps them away.
Good luck sweetie. Sorry double posting I know but hey what can I say.

Jessica said...

I did the same thing to Korbin's room a couple of weeks ago because he had bumps all over his legs and was starting to get a couple on his forehead. I found several spiders (including a huge black one-gross) which I disposed of. I also sprayed around all the floor boards with spider spray. However that did nothing. I took him to the doctor and was told it was a virus and that it would run its course. They are almost gone now. If you haven't taken her in though, I would recommend it. Good luck. It is so unnerving when our little ones are hurting and we don't know what is causing it.

Jeff and Hillaree said...

Are you sure she isn't getting chicken pox????

Jeff and Hillaree said...

Check out this website...it says that chicken pox starts out looking like little pimples or insect bites!

http://kidshealth.org/parent/infections/skin/chicken_pox.html