Friday, December 5, 2008

My thoughts

I've been thinking about this. I think Lizzy is having some separation problems. No, not problems, issues. Dave came for 2 weeks then left her, g-ma and g-pa came for a week then left her...She's been really clingy with her 2 bears and her bink. She only became a "closet binker" (love it Carolyn! So funny!) after everyone came and left. Before she never wanted it during the day, now she asks for it when she's in the car!

I think they are her comfort in a house of people coming and going around her.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

poor sweetheart!
well I am glad she has you!

nora.lakehurst said...

Awww poor little gal. I bet that is what it is. She must be going through such a hard time. Poor BB. Maybe a blankie or a sunggles she could take where ever from like the dollar store could help if you are still worried about the bink. What a sweet baby. maybe she needs to come over and play again. Or i could come there.

Steve and Chelle said...

You know, for all the change she has had in her little life she is absolutly incredible! I mean really! She is such a sweet, good tempered little one!

I wouldn't worry too much about the bink. I mean, really, she's definitely still in the acceptable age in my opinion!

anywho! We'll do out best to stay in her life! At least until you move away!

Corilee said...

I'd find a replacement before I took away her binky. Like Karla said a blanket or stuffed animal or something. I've never seen a 3 year old with a binky.... she might just give it up herself when she is ready.

September said...

Eliza had all but given up her binkey during the day until we came out there. Then she had it almost constantly. I'm pretty sure it was compensation for not having Spencer around.
Now that we're back home again I just try to make sure they're out of sight and out of reach all the time. If she really needs it I'll give it to her but I figure the whole out of sight out of mind concept works pretty well.

But, I agree with Michelle, if she needs it she's still young enough that it's not anything to stress too much.

Carolyn~ said...

We love her so much! What an angel. It will probably pass on its own. Then you can all move out here with us!

ems said...

So sad! It must be hard for her not to understand why people keep leaving. What a sweetheart! I hope this will all work out for you!

Hodge Family said...

aww poor Lizzy. Im sure she is very sad.