Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Oh Canada...take 2

Lizzy and I made it to Canada! Finally. We flew up last Tuesday and stayed with my sister for a week. It was so much fun! I got to meet Abigail for the first time. She is just as smiley as Cora says she is. She is so cute! Lizzy loved playing with her cousins. The weather was AWESOME!!!! It was so cold! For example, on Sunday it was -41*F! Can you believe it? It was so snowy and windy. I really did love it. I wish we'd get some more snow down here. I can live without the seriously below freezing temps though.


Lizzy and her cousin Amelia


Lizzy's cousin Isaac

Mom and dad came up for the weekend to see Abigail get blesses. That was great fun! Cora and I did some crafting and painting. We painted 2 pictures for the girls room. They turned out great! And mom and I stitched up some quilts for the girls beds, also, very cute. We cooked, ate Canadian candy, played, visited and watched the new Anne of Green Gables. Eh, not that great.



Grandpa and Abigail


The family after Abigail's blessing

On the way home, Lizzy and I were waiting in the Calgary airport for our flight (which was quite delayed) and Lizzy met a boy. She fell in love with him! And he feel in love with her! It was so sweet! She kept hugging him and sharing her fruit snacks with him. It was so cute.


The "boy" Lizzy fell in love with :)


It was a great trip and I can't wait to go back up there and visit.

9 comments:

Steve and Chelle said...

ooo, I was worried for a minute that joe-joe might have some competition, but then I saw a pic of the boy ... I don't think I have anything to worry about! hee hee!

I'm SO GLAD you're back. seriously. I don't think you can ever leave again. ever. I don't think I'll allow it.

hmmm, I'd have to convince Dave of that though . . . don't think thats gonna happen. BLAST!

I'll think of something! Or maybe we'll just follow you wherever you go and be the really annoying people you can never get rid of! hee hee hee!

ok, I'll be quiet now! work is so boring tonight . . .

September said...

Cute family you have there.
I love Lizzy's "boyfriend" that's so fun.

And I didn't know there was a new Anne of Green Gables...

Davenport Family said...

Sounds like so much fun! I am so glad you got to chill with all your family. I am happy you are back, I was so lost without talking to you everyday:) Tell Lizzy Seth is so sad she has found a new boy! Love you guys!

Stacey said...

It sounds like you had a great time! I'm glad you made it home safely and all went well. :)

Carolyn~ said...

Ohhh!!! I have been waiting for this post! So fun to see Abigail. Amelia is adorable. And, of course, Isaac...who I fell in love with at our wedding. What a fun time...wish we could have been there too:) I'm so glad to be in such a crafty family cuz you know I'm going to need help with that!

Holly said...

Um, the new Anne!?!? You know Lib and I are seriously obsessed, dontcha? Tell me more... even if it does stink, I need to knoe about it!!!
PS. Cora's kids are darling and so's Lizzy's man -

jamie said...

okay that pic of Lizzy at the airport with her new boy is adorable. She's such a little sweetheart. Somehow we need to get together real soon! Oh and I finished Breaking Dawn. I actually really liked it. I could have down without the whole honeymoon story - gag, gag, gag but other than that I thought she tied everything together real nice. I thought of you the whole time I read it. :) Thanks for sharing pics from Canada. Wish we could have been there as well.

Corilee said...

How is it that you have so many people commenting on your bolg? I know you have a big family, but Sheesh, 7 people before me. That'a fantastic.

The whole Lizzie's boyfriend thing is so cute. I'll bet it was nice to get so many of your famiy together. Tell your Mom she needs to post more on her blog.

nora.lakehurst said...

OK I must have a stupid compy because it didnt let me see that you posted something new till just now. LOL OK good times. Love all the pics.