1- being roomies. We had graduated high school in the spring of 2000. Michelle and I would write to each other many times throughout the year to keep in touch. She called me one day and said "You should move out here and live with me!" I said, "OK." Just like that! I moved out to Utah a little bit later. We'd stay up so late playing Phase 10. It was so much fun! Job hunting together, going swimming in the condo pool late at night. Michelle would watch our weird neighbor through his window! Hehehe... Staying out WAY too late (5-6 am) when we'd have to get up for work at 7:00am. Playing hockey and then going to Denny's after. Also done late at night, 1-2am-ish. The list goes on and on.
2- going to Bear Lake. One summer our families went to Bear Lake to vacation together. It was the summer that Ace Ventura : Pet Detective was released. There were 2 boys that we met in the pool that would always quote the movie, act like Jim Carey and flirt mercilessly with us. It was so funny! They'd always plan to meet us in the pool. Weird. We were at a lake, a very nice lake I thought, and we'd go to the pool. It wasn't until last week that I was told why we did that. (HA! If you want the story you will have to ask Michelle, it's her story to tell. ) Oh, and we would sing "You gotta be" By Desiree, over and over and over while in the car. It must have driven our parents crazy!
3- Michelle's engagement. Steve called when the ring arrived and I wanted to go over to his house to see it. So, I made up some lame story that his little sister needed to interview me for a school project. It was an awful lie and Michelle saw right thru it. Then while at the concert at Temple square, the night he was going to ask her, I couldn't stop smiling at her and looking at him, again, she knew exactly what was going on. She's always been able to see right thru me.
4- Our most recent trip to Vegas. I'm going to leave it at that. :)
5- The bike trip heard round the world. It was the summer before 7Th grade, my sister was dating some guy that had a younger brother who was a year older than we were. He was cute. He invited us to go on a bike ride up Provo Canyon on a paved bike path. PAVED! I was trying to show off for him and I hit a rock and went flying! I think I even blacked out for a second. My elbow was the size of a grapefruit and looked like hamburger. I was pretty scratched, bloody and bruised. Michelle, without hesitation, offered her very stylish denim vest as a bandage so I wouldn't leave a trail of blood behind. She and I both loved that vest! Only a true friend would make such a sacrifice.
Michelle is such a great friend. She is always ready and willing to help out at a moments notice, no matter what crazy thing I need or ask her to do. (i.e. Vegas again :) I am so glad that our parents met 30+ years ago and kept in contact. My life would be dramatically different without her. I can't even imagine where I'd be. If she hadn't asked me to move out here, I'm sure I wouldn't have. I wouldn't know any of my good friends out here and I wouldn't have married Dave, by extension, have Lizzy!
For those other than Michelle reading this, I know, I'm very scatter brained and all over the place with this post, but Chelle will get it.
I love you Michelle! Happy 27Th Birthday! (yesterday :)
6 comments:
I love you too!!! that was great!
and by the way, that vest wasn't that stylish! but even if it had been a versace gown, I would have given it to you!!!!
hehehe, vegas . . . hehehe! yeah.
and remember those guys at the pool- remember how one of them had asthma, and when they left one day, he left his empty inhaler, and we went over and took it! ah, good times!
Oh, and by the way- yeah, I totally did see RIGHT through you when you went to see the ring! hee hee! yeah. that was funny! you just couldn't keep it- in you were so excited!
Awwww...what a sweet and fun post.
You two really are like sisters.
Happy Birthday Michelle!
P.S. You guys are so cute in those "barely out of high school" pictures.
P.P.S. I totally want to know why the boys wanted to meet at the pool. Michelle, I'm sure you're reading this...
How fun! Happy Birthday Michelle. I love seeing all the fun pictures of you guys! I can totally picture all the stories and I forgot about that song, "You gotta be" now it is going to be stuck in my head all day!!!
Man that is so nice. You guys didnt bring a camera while I was working at Jamba Juice and wearing that UGLY hat. Ah good times.
I want a dedication. Doesnt someone love me ;)
JK I love my life my friends just as much as you love yours.
So cute!! I don't even remember Bear Lake the year your family came. I didn't even remember that it happened until a few years ago when I saw pictures from it. I swear, my memory has issues. It was fun having you guys come and visit while we were growing up though. You have always been such a good friend to Chelle. What a blessing! Sweet post.
Post a Comment