Thursday, June 19, 2008

Health Update

Here is an update for y'all.

I had a doctor appointment yesterday to check out my arm. My original appointment was with an Orthopedic doctor. He looked at my original x-rays and decided that my brake was something he couldn't handle so he referred me to a hand surgeon. (Doesn't look good for me) I went to my appointment. I was trying not to freak out. They took new x-rays of my arm. Hurt like crazy! They made me move my arm and fingers around. It was horrible. He showed me where my brakes were.

Then he pointed out something we both thought was weird...

I broke my arm before! And didn't know! Can you believe that? I actually have a big chunk of bone just floating around in my arm! EWWWW! I just don't get how I didn't notice. (Maybe I took a slap shot to the arm, I think I vaguely remember that happening) It had to happen while I was an adult, because the bone chunk is so big. If I would've been a kid I am certain that someone would have noticed, or you think I would have been freaking out in pain. I just done get it. Anyways, the surgeon told me that the only way to get my arm back to normal would be to operate. He said I would be OK if they didn't, but if I wanted to be perfect (:o) again, they'd do it with the knife.

I opted not to have the operation. (I'm still perfect, right?) They are just going to cast it next weds when the swelling goes down. They will take some more x-rays next week, if things change position when the swelling goes down or whatever else could happen, then we will decide what to do for sure. I like the idea of not being put to sleep and then cut open. Anyone see that scary movie about the guy who has surgery but the anesthesia just paralyzes him and he can still feel EVERYTHING? I didn't either, but the previews were enough to freak me out! Seriously, scary stuff.

OK, so the point is, no surgery on my arm unless absolutely necessary. We will know for sure weds.

As for my tonsils. I am clear! I get to keep them! WOO HOO!

4 comments:

Davenport Family said...

You are such a freak!!! That is crazy you broke your arm and didn't even notice. Good thing you don't HAVE to have surgery. By the way, I did see that movie (it was called Awake) and it was not as freaky as the previews. Well, I am glad no surgery on your arm AND you get to keep your tonsils. YAY!!!!!!

Steve and Chelle said...

Yeah. Sure. I see how you are. Just trying to stay away longer! uh-huh. Whatever!



No, just kidding. I am glad you don't have to have surgery, and I really may just show up at your doorstep if you don't come back soon! (see my latest blog!)

K. love your guts!

chelle

September said...

You're crazy! How many people can say they've walked around with a chunk of bone floating in their arm and not noticed it?

And by the way, how come you havn't put up any pictures of that cute kid of yours lately?

nora.lakehurst said...

You are funny. I dont think I would have noticed a floating bone in my body. Man I had a 9mm kindey stone going around and around and not being able to pass for sometime with only a numbing pain one in a while.
Well you better get better and come out and visit us soon.