Monday, June 16, 2008

ER trip #3

You won't believe this!!! Or maybe those who know me will. This morning I was loading up my U-haul, getting ready for the move out west. It was a bit rainy and I was wearing those fake crocks. You know the ones I mean? They get really slippery when wet. And the trailer gets slippery too. Practically a deadly combination for someone like me. Mom and I both commented on how we should put the rug in the back of the trailer so it wouldn't be as slippery. WE BOTH SAID IT!!! AND DID NOTHING!! ARGH. I so mad at myself. Anyways, I slipped and fell, landing all crooked on my left hand/wrist/arm. I knew immediately that I broke it. I could tell by what it looked like as I fell and after I picked my arm up.

I couldn't move. Mom had to help me inside the house where I nearly passed out (seriously, my vision was going and I was terribly dizzy) as I was walking to the living room chair. Mom called a babysitter to watch Lizzy so we could go to the hospital. (Thanks again Hutchisons!) It took FOREVER to get there. People were driving 10 MPH under the speed limit! Who does that!? When we finally got back a room, the x-rayed and found that I broke both my Ulna and Radius bones in my arm near my wrist. You can't tell me that I'm not thorough when I get things done. If I do anything, I do it good. Nice. I have to get it set on weds. 'm kinda freaking out because they said I might have to have pins put in. He said its not likely, but still there IS a possibility! I know you all know that I DO NOT DO NEEDLES! Ever. I was offered an IV for the pain today and I said "no." I'd rather deal with the pain then have a needle in my arm. They gave me pills instead.

I guess my Utah move will be delayed a bit since I am in a sling. I don't think I should really try to drive a manual right now. Probably not the safest.

If this is all over the place and hard to follow, sorry. I'm a bit medicated right now. I feel like my brain is moving 1000 mph, and my body, about 2 mph.

4 comments:

September said...

Wow Flee! You think maybe someone's trying to tell you something?????

I take this as a sign that you and Lizzy are supposed to come to Virginia before you move back to Utah! See ya soon :0

nora.lakehurst said...

Oh my gosh Flee! I cant believe you did that. I wish I could be out there helping you and getting things done around the house(which I am thankful that your mom is there for you) Man my wrist hurts just thinking about that. I fell and broke my wrist falling out of BED. So at least you got a cooler story than I. Good luck and loves from Utah.

Davenport Family said...

So a normal persons reaction would be "oh, that is so sad" but my first reaction was laughing:) Now that I am done laughing that is so sad! I hope you don't have to get pins, YUCK!!!! I am sorry, that sucks so bad. I had to laugh first because remember when I biffed it skateboarding and you stood over me laughing....if only you got your fall on tape so we could watch it over and over in slow motion and laugh;) But seriously, I hope you are feeling better. I love you!!!

Stacey said...

Owie! That makes me cringe just thinking about it. I'm so sorry Flee. *HUGS*