Thursday, June 5, 2008

2nd Trip to the ER this week! No joke.

First, I'd like to share with you all that I am baffled by my family and how they can call themselves hockey fans. Appearantly I am the ONLY Red Wings fan! What the stink? It saddens me to think that I seem to be the only one who cares enough about their victory to blog about it. Hmmmm...sad.

Now, for the news of the day.

We have been to the ER 2x in less than a week! I know what you are thinking. Felicia is always so dramatic. NO! I soooo am not! (Said with flair!) Last Saturday Lizzy woke up in the morning with a fever of 101*F, I gave her Tylenol and she seemed to be fine. She was happy the rest of the day. After her afternoon nap her fever was back up again, this time it was 103.5*F! She was melting! I took her to an Inta-Care and they said that they couldn't treat her and to take her to the ER. I did. It turned out that she jus thad a cold with a high fever. All I could do was treat her fever and symptoms. My poor little squish. She got better. Her fever only lasted until Sunday with a few lingering sniffles and coughs.

Earlier this week I got a pink eye. Just one. Nasty. Strait up nasty. I tried so hard not to infect anyone else. Unfortunatly, it was too late. Lizzy woke up with nasty crusties on BOTH her eyes today. And I woke up two nights ago with a terrible pain in my throat. So, I figured it time to take us to the doctor. I called my ins. knowing that I'd need a referral to see one. They told me to go to the ER because they couldn't find a provider in Utah for us to see. I didn't feel like arguing too much. I wanted lizzy to get taken care of so that it wouldn't get worse.

Lizzy was diagnosed with pink eye and a cold and was given eye drops that I will administer 3x a day. She hated it. Hopefully it will get easier to give them. I was diagnosed with a "peritonsillar absess" UGH! I have to take giant horse sized anti-biotics for 10 days and if that doesn't help, or if I get ANY bit worse, I will have to have them go in and drain it themselves! Appearantly, this is a complication from tonsilitis! And after they drain it, I was told by the dr. that I will likely have to have my tonsils removed! What the CRAP? I never get sick! NEVER!!! This is so lame! There is one good thing that will come from this. It hurts too much to eat real food, so I am going to be on a liquid diet for the next while. Can we say WOO HOO for weight loss? WOO HOO!

Lizzy and I have been falling apart slowly since we arrived in Utah. Seriously lame.

4 comments:

nora.lakehurst said...

So sorry. And you are in UTAH!!!! Hello Stacey and I are here. And Stacey had her baby boy!!! She is at Timp just so you know. Hey if you need anything let me know and Uh you can keep the pink eye really.

jamie said...

Does it count that I thought about posting something. What a game!! I love that they won on a butt shot! ha-ha okay so are you officially in Utah now? Does that mean you got the condo? please fill us in. I love reading your post, I felt like you were here in person, telling me the story. :)

September said...

Wow! Seriously crappy.
Hey I had that same absess and had to have my tonsils out when I was 20. Except they didn't send me home with anitibiotics they just drained it there in the ER. Can we say scary experience? I hope the antibiotics work for you because it was seriously scary. I won't even tell you about it.
Anyway, so then a couple months later they took my tonsils out.

Oh, and yeah, by the time I started eating again I was pretty much swimming in all my clothes.

I really hope things start going better for you guys soon.

Steve and Chelle said...

WOO HOO for weight loss! (you asked it we could say it, so I'm saying it!)

anywho, see you tomorrow when we go to get our APARTMENTS!! that are right next to eachother!! Seriously I haven't stopped thinking about it all day!!! Yay! I hope it works!!!

k thats all bye!