Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Our trip to Utah

Dave had to go to his mandatory 30 day drill at the end of April. Lizzy and I went with him and made a mini vacation out of it! It worked out perfectly that my cousin was getting married the following Friday and that my parents flew in on Thursday!

The drill was help up at Snowbird. The army paid for our room and our meals and we had some great seminars! (and some not so great seminars.) Michelle and Steve watched Lizzy for us that weekend, it was so nice to get away and have some adult conversation.

Thinking that it would be warm while we were there, we packed some summer clothes and no coats. It was freezing! It snowed in the mountains everyday we were there! LOVED IT! It was so pretty! (Secretly, well, not so secretly, I was hoping for an avalanche. Wouldn't that be fun?!?!)

Dave flew home on Sunday, and Lizzy and I went and stayed with my in-laws for a few days.

Lizzy and I shopped (IKEA! Lizzy's favorite store), played, visited family and friends, went to the wedding...etc...etc...

It was a fun trip! I enjoyed our little get-a-way.

The view from our room.

It was freezing! And Target only had spring coats for sale!

Lizzy getting her groove on at the reception :)

Lizzy dancing with Grandpa. It was so cute! She asked him to dance! (well, it was more of a command. She said, "Grandpa! Dance with me!")

7 comments:

Stacey said...

Cute pics! I wish I could have seen you.

Unknown said...

Glad you had a great time. I like your attitude: if I had discovered that it turned all winter on me, I would have cried... We miss you.

Michele said...

Glad you guys had fun! Lizzy is so cute! What a doll!

September said...

Oh, I love Lizzy. Your posts about her always make me smile :)

nora.lakehurst said...

Aww that is so cute. I love her little face. She is adorable. You know you could have asked to borrow some coats you know. ;) We dont live that far. BUt I am so glad you guys had fun.

Davenport Family said...

Sounds like such a fun time! Kimmie does the same thing, she demands people dance with her:) What cute girls we have. glad you and Dave got a little time away:) Love you guys!

Steve and Chelle said...

Oh I miss my little lizzy face so much!! Even Joe-joe has started asking about her again!! (which is surprising, considering he told her he was done with her!)

oooh, oooh, next time Dave comes out, bring lizzy back to me k???

Love your guts!