Friday, May 15, 2009

It's a big girl bed!

We have been wanting to get Lizzy into a big girl bed for a while now, so I've been searching the Internet for deals. I found out that beds are expensive! All I could seem to find were ugly, worn 20-30+ year old beds for about $200! I couldn't believe it! And it's not like they were nice looking antiques, most looked like 2x4's nailed together. Not cute for a little girl's room.

Anyways, we were at Walmart one night, they have this bed there that Dave and I both like but didn't want to pay that much for it. That night is was on sale! We got the last one they had and set it up that night for Lizzy. She loves it! And Dave loves that she comes in and wakes us up on Saturday. (Lizzy is really sneaky in the mornings and just comes and stares at me on my side of the bed til I wake up. A bit surprising if you don't expect it.)



Lizzy even picked out her own bedding!

6 comments:

Jessica said...

I love it! And the bedding, what good taste Lizzy has.

Davenport Family said...

That is so cute! Kimmie's "big girl bed" is just a cheap little toddler bed. We got it for free & it serves it's purpose, but I love Lizzy's bed way more! Great choice, it is adorable!

Flee said...

Thanks girls! I'm still not 100% in love with the bedding, but it's her choice. I wanted her to want to sleep in her bed. Seems to have worked. :)

September said...

Awww...it's bittersweet when things like this happen. How did Lizzy get to be a big girl so soon?
I think the bed is adorable though.
And she did a great job picking out the bedding!

nora.lakehurst said...

She is seriously so cute. Love the colors of her bed. And that is a cute big girl bed.

Stacey said...

That is a really nice bed. Yay for sales!