Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I DID IT!!!

I changed the battery in my smoke detector today! WOO HOO!!! It's been beeping for over a month, maybe closer to 2 months! But I did it! All by myself. (well, I had a little help from youtube) It was kinda tricky. I didn't know how to get the battery case open because it's covered by an electical thing. But I figured it out. I know you are all thinking "it's so easy to change the batteries in those." But not in mine! I had never changed it before and the wires caught me off guard. We are good now though. No more chirping!

I'm so happy!

7 comments:

Hodge Family said...

good job. I need to buy a new one for Masons room. I changed the battery and it still doesn't work. We still have one in the living room though which works well.
You should get a carbon monoxide alarm too if you don't have one yet.

Oh yeah and I did see your mom updated her blog. Finally

jamie said...

What I can't believe is that you lasted 2 months with that chirping! You are a patient, patient person. :)

ems said...

YOU ROCK!! I've never changed the batteries. I am such a pansy that I always make Daniel do all of that kind of stuff. It's a good thing you are such an industrious person!

Corilee said...

We had one that only chirped at random times. You could never tell when. Just out of the blue it would suddenly chirp and then we wouldn't hear anything for a long time, sometime days later it would chirp again. Weird.

Anonymous said...

yay!

Stacey said...

Go you and your bad self!

Steve and Chelle said...

oh my little baby all grown up and changin' batteries!

I'm so proud of you!