Monday, February 12, 2007

Smiley baby!

First things first. I am so happy to say that Lizzy likes to be swaddled! The first few times Dave and I tried to do it, she would just cry and fuss, but then last night I watched "The Happiest Baby on the Block" (also a book) and in it, the Dr. said that babies usually fuss when being swaddled, then calm down shortly after. I tried it. I swaddled Lizzy really well and after her 2ND yawn I put her in her bed. I had to "SHHHH" her for just a minute, till she was calm again. Then I left the room and she went to sleep on her own!!! Not only did she fall asleep on her own, she slept for 4 1/2 hours! After she and I took Dave to class at 4:30am, I fed her, changed her diaper, swaddled again, then put her down while still awake....she fell asleep on her own again! AND slept for another 4 hours! I feel great and rested! We really do have an angel baby.

Here is a video of her playing and looking so cute.

3 comments:

nora.lakehurst said...

How cute. Ethan said "awe mommie she's so cute...its like our baby Dannan." So cute Flee.

jamie said...

good job on the swaddling. i hear that book is really good. That's awesome she's sleeping so much. walker had a hard time with his naps at first. Love the updates!! and the video is adorable. so precious

Jen said...

What a good mama you are! It's awesome she's learning to put herself to sleep. That'll be invaluable for you!