Paige left the hospital weighing 4lbs and 5oz today she weighed 4lbs 13oz. The Dr was so happy with that. They like to see babies gain between 1/2 oz to 1 oz a day.
Amber left the hospital weighing 5lbs 5oz and today she weighed 5lbs 6oz. Her appetite increased 2 days ago, so hopefully she'll be packing on the pounds soon.
They both eat great! They are on formula for the time being because I now have Bell's Palsy (that stinks and is so annoying!) and am taking meds that make it so I can't nurse the babies for the next week. My Dr said that we caught it really early so I should have no lasting effects and will hopefully be fully recovered in 2 weeks to a couple of months.
Appearantly it happens most commonly to women in their 3rd trimester of pregnancy or within a week of giving birth. I made it to day 6. Grrrr......
We are all so happy with the new additions to the family. We just love having them home. Lizzy is such a good big sister! She loves to sing to the babies and hold them and feed them. It's so sweet. She does have times of jealousy, but we're hoping that will pass once the babies become more fun for her.
My mom is here and has been since they were born. It's so nice having her here, she has been so helpful with keeping Lizzy occupied when I can't and she makes meals and cleans the house. It's so so so great. My dad also flew in today! He's only staying for a couple of days, but it's going to be fun.
Amber cuddling with daddy after a big meal
6 comments:
They are so sweet! I love the smile that Lizzy always has on her face when she is holding one of her sisters. I bet she is going to be the best big sister!
Your kids are so cute and Dave looks like such a proud papa! Good to hear babies are well and Lizzy is such a cute big sister!!! (sorry about your bells palsy I hope you get better soon)
Take Care
Itzel
I love seeing all the pictures! I can't even stand it, they are so stinking cute! And Lizzy looks like a super great big sister!!! I am glad your mom is there to help out and that your dad is able to come in for a bit too. Keep the pictures coming!!!!
They are so CUTE!!!!!!!!!! And I am with stace Bell's Palsy sucks. Never had it but had a few friends have it.
Take a nap and hold and kiss those babies for me. AWWWWWWWW They are so cute!
Congrats on the new babies! I'll have to have another baby so your mother will take pity on me and come and help ;) (It would be a pity at my age.)
Are you getting enough sleep? Are you trying to get them on the same schedule? Hope it works out well for you all and you have as much fun with them as I did with mine.
I know you don't know me. I'm a friend of the Chrissy, Tina, Nick and Amanda. I stumbled across your blog through their blogs. Congratulations on your beautiful twin girls. You have 3 gorgeous daughters now! How amazing. I couldn't help but comment after seeing how CUTE those twins are. Congratulations!
Post a Comment