Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Labor Day Weekend in California


Lizzy visiting with grandpa Glen in their backyard.

Lizzy hanging out at the beach.

Lizzy and grandpa burying Dave.

Catching the wave.

I'm MIA, but that's Dave's bald head.

Waiting for the next "big one."

Digging with grandpa.
Time to go home!
Grandpa, Lizzy and Dave taking a breather on our Sunday afternoon walk.
Lizzy striking a pose.

We went to California last weekend to go and visit Dave's dad and wife. It was so much fun! We got in late Friday night and spent Saturday at Laguna Beach.
The water was AMAZING! I'd guess around 78* and the waves were huge! Lizzy didn't care for the water at all. The waves really scared her. So, she played on the beach in the sand, building castles and digging holes and playing with Grandma Ann.

Dave and I were in the water the whole time. We did some body surfing and wave jumping. There were times that I couldn't quit laughing because it was just so much fun!
After the beach we went out to Chili's for dinner (I recommend getting the white chocolate lava cake. It's so so good!).

5 comments:

mom gilbert said...

the waves look like so much fun! I didn't even get in the water here this summer. Is it possible that Lizzy has grown more since you guys left here?!? / /She is looking so-o big! love mom

Stacey said...

How fun!! The pics are great,it looks like you all had a blast! :)

alaskafam said...

There is something about playing in waves that makes us feel like we're 6 years old again. I'm glad you guys had fun. Lizzy is just a little angel!

Corilee said...

I wish I could get your Mom to creat her own blog. I know she looks at blogs. She could easily put in a few words for herself. Tell her I'm really hoping she'll feel the urge to do it.

California looks so fun!!! I especiall liked the pictures of Dave in the sand. He looks so comfortable (?) or maybe just enduring it because he loves his daughter. Looks like fun times?

Corilee said...

I meant to say "Looks like fun times!!!" not fun times? :)