We had our first big thunderstorm a few nights ago. It started around 9 PM, but got really noisy around 12:30 AM. The thunder woke me up and I started listening for Lizzy because I didn’t want her to wake up and be scared. I went in to check on her at 12:30 but she was sleeping. At about 1 AM, Felicia heard her say, “I’m scared Mama.” I didn’t hear it but I ran into her room to get her. I looked at her and told her I was there, but she didn’t move so I thought she was still sleeping. When I looked at her face, she was covering her eyes so she was awake. I picked her up and she wrapped her arms around my neck so tight and did not let go. I tried taking her to look out the window and show her what it was and it wasn’t scary. I took her into our bed and she laid on my arm with her hands over her eyes for about ten minutes. After that she pulled the covers up to her head and hid. She said she doesn’t like thunder.
After the thunder stopped, she went back to her bed to sleep.
5 comments:
Kimmie hates thunder too, but I kinda like it because she is way snuggly when it storms:)
Aw that is so sweet. I hate when kids get scared. What a good daddy you are.
Awww. My kids are the same way,they hate thunderstorms. Most of the time they sleep though them.
we were in sv during monsoon season 2 years ago...good luck but it does cool off some
I remember those thunderstorms growing up in SV and I learned to love them after a while. One thing my family did was to make them fun. My mom would get us to help her make cookies whenever there was a storm or we'd have a family home evening on the roof to watch the lightning in the distance (we had a flat roof and the storms were far away but the lightning would still light up the sky.) Since the power often would go out during these storms, my mom would always have enough flashlights for us all and we loved playing with them. I hope this might help with ideas to help poor Lizzy learn not to be afraid of thunderstorms. We miss you guys.
Post a Comment