Sorry Flee, to rain on your parade but I don't think you've seen the bottom yet. Wait until the inflation,that will come as a result of the bailout, hits. I don't think the stockmarket will stay high at that point. You may want to pull your stocks out now while they're relatively high. You may also want to consider putting your money in gold or wheat (food storage) because the next real downturn in the market will be a doozy. Food will be scarce amd jobs will be hard to hold on to unless you are a school teacher or work for the government.
Hate to sound all doom and gloom but that's how Joe and I see it! I hope we're wrong, but I don't think so.
We miss your smiling face. Be sure to come and visit when next you see Michelle.
Hey Corilee~Thanks for the advice. It makes sense. But we're in the market for the long haul. We figure there will be lots of ups and downs, but in the end, (30+ years from now) they will be for sure higher than they are now.
In the mean time, we are getting our food storage and 401k/savings stuff going. Now is the time to prepare.
Good for you! We just learned that being prepared is absolutely necessary. I honestly never thought I'd really need food storage unless some huge catastrophe happened. Boy was I wrong.
I'm so glad your stocks are on the rise! Hope it keeps getting better and better!
4 comments:
Great news! I hope it keeps going up for you!
Sorry Flee, to rain on your parade but I don't think you've seen the bottom yet. Wait until the inflation,that will come as a result of the bailout, hits. I don't think the stockmarket will stay high at that point. You may want to pull your stocks out now while they're relatively high. You may also want to consider putting your money in gold or wheat (food storage) because the next real downturn in the market will be a doozy. Food will be scarce amd jobs will be hard to hold on to unless you are a school teacher or work for the government.
Hate to sound all doom and gloom but that's how Joe and I see it! I hope we're wrong, but I don't think so.
We miss your smiling face. Be sure to come and visit when next you see Michelle.
{{{hugs}}}
Hey Corilee~Thanks for the advice. It makes sense. But we're in the market for the long haul. We figure there will be lots of ups and downs, but in the end, (30+ years from now) they will be for sure higher than they are now.
In the mean time, we are getting our food storage and 401k/savings stuff going. Now is the time to prepare.
Good for you! We just learned that being prepared is absolutely necessary. I honestly never thought I'd really need food storage unless some huge catastrophe happened. Boy was I wrong.
I'm so glad your stocks are on the rise! Hope it keeps getting better and better!
Post a Comment