Monday, March 9, 2009

Our week

Vegas, Disneyland, Abalone Cove, and Long Beach are some of the places we've been this last week.

Dave got home early early Friday morning! His flight was supposed to get in at 5:45am, I'd heard that they usually get in a bit early so I was going to be there at 5:30 just in case. Well, 5:25 rolls around and Lizzy and I are just a mile from our exit when I get a phone call. From Dave! He'd already landed and wandered around looking for us and then called! LAME! I didn't get to do the whole, walking off the plane picture and the hug after he runs across the tarmac to us. Whatever.

Anyways, it is so great to have him back. Lizzy can't seem to get enough of her daddy. She wants him ALL THE TIME! It's really sweet. They are a good little team already. I knew it wouldn't take long to get things back to normal.

Lizzy playing in the backyard in Vegas. She loved playing in the puddles on the sidewalk.

She loved Disneyland! She got to meet some princesses and Mickey and get her face painted and ride some rides. We figured out that Lizzy does NOT like the animal characters, only the humans. Mickey freaked her out too. Lizzy's two favorites are Dumbo's high flying ride and Alice's Tea Party (Tea Cups ride-ick. I get sick on those rides). We had such a great. We had a 3 day park hopper pass, so we went to D-land 2 days in a row. SO FUN!!!!

Riding the carousel. She'd get so excited, she'd squeal with joy!


The Dumbo ride.

Meeting Mickey.

Plotting our next move.


Alice's Tea Party! YAY!
Meeting Belle


We spent all day Saturday with Glen and Ann. They are both in a play at church so we went and watched his rehearsal. It was great! Looks like it's going to be a good one. Then we went to Abalone Cove. Dave used to go there as a kid and really wanted Lizzy to see it. The tide was really low so there were loads of tide pools, and they were filled with life! Starfish, hermit crabs, sea cucumbers, a lobster, little fish, anemones, sea urchins... we saw all sorts of things. Last time Dave and I were there (4+ years ago.) I saw an octopus! Awesome!

Lizzy loved the beach at first, then a wave came in. She didn't like that. After that, she didn't even want to set foot in the sand. It took a while, and another little boy walking in the sand to help her get back to the beach. Still, she didn't want to touch anything.

It was such a fun trip. We are having so much fun with our little family!

(I'll post more pics in a bit)

7 comments:

Davenport Family said...

So fun! Kimmie is so jealous Lizzy went to Disneyland without her. That sucks you missed him getting off the plane but so great he is finally home!!! Your hair looks great by the way, love the color!! Miss you! Now get off the computer and go spend time with Dave!!!

Anonymous said...

love the update!
crazy about them getting in early...I'll remember that for when Jake ever gets deployed

nora.lakehurst said...

Love the updates. But I love the photos more. LOVE LOVE LOVE them.

Stacey said...

How fun for you guys! I'm glad you are together with Dave again. :)

Steve and Chelle said...

YAY for Dave being home!!! and YAY for disney!!! Someday we'll have to go there with you guys! :)

call us so we can play! I'm having Lizzy withdrawals!!!

Corilee said...

I'm so happy for you all. Hope Dave finds a great job and you live hsppily ever after.

Lub-lubs

Ashley said...

that looks like so much fun! i want to go to disneyland!! im glad im not the only one to miss the whole getting off the bus experience! how much longer does dave have in the army?