Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Twiddle Knots

"Twiddle Knots?" You ask. They are what Lizzy gets in her hair EVERYDAY now! She likes to twiddle her hair when she is falling asleep, but now that her hair is getting longer, she just ties it into un-comb-able knots! (Before I could easily get it out with my fingers or a comb if it was really bad.) Seriously, I have had to cut one out of her hair already. Now, it looks like I will just have to buck up and cut the entire mullet off her head! Yeah, I know. My kid has a mullet. But its not like I cut it for her! It just grew that way. Yesterday I went to the mall with Lizzy and a friend for lunch. I forgot to bring a bib and Lizzy got Sesame Chicken all over her clean white shirt! Then on top of that she had a huge knot in her mullet! Oh YEAH! AND I put sunscreen on her because we were going to go to the beach later, so her hair looked greasy! I looked like the worst mom ever because Ilet my kid go to the mall greasy, with dirty shite and a knot in her hair. UGH! I guess I will never be able to get the white trash-i-ness completely out of my system. Sad that I am pushing it onto my daughter.

Anyways...

I am so pleased to report that Lizzy has finally reached 20lbs! (again...) YAY! She is getting so big and smart and funny. And she is such a talker! She loves talking on the phone to whoever she can get. Her favorite person to talk to is Dave though. She recently spent several days with her cousins and she loved every minute of it. We did have a problem with biting toes that weren't her own. I think that only happened once. Sorry about that Harrison.

One day my mom watched the kids so us siblings could get out and play. It was so much fun! Abe, Jamie, Lauren, Carolyn and I went to Hartwick Pines to see the big tress. As we were walking, I noticed a small twig in my path. (small enough that it wouldn't even bother Lizzy if she were walking over it. yeah...really.) I tried to pick it up while I was still walking. I am so not that coordinated. As I was pulling out the stick, my foot decided it was a good place to step. So, I stepped on the stick as I was pulling on it. I didn't bif it! But it sure was close. I did the mother of all stumbles. Even though I was walking behind everyone, Abe still managed to notice my sweet maneuvering and decided to laugh it up. Yeah, i guess it was pretty funny if you like that sort of thing...

After the walk through the woods, and after we looked at different poop samples of local wildlife, we headed out of the woods. We spotted a playground near the parking lot that had swings. Carolyn and I were to first to start swinging. Soon after everyone else joined us at the swings. It was so much fun! Carolyn got freakishly high! And Abe looked like a regular queer. It was so great! Unfortunately I don't have pictures of that. I am hoping Jamie posts them on her blog soon. They really turned out great.

Before we left for home, we played a fun game of tag. I can still hear it. "Flee, Get Jamie! She's the slowest 'cause she pregnant!" "You can't touch the ground, if you do, You're out!" "I'm not out! I was just getting my camera!" "Flee's still it!" Etc...etc...etc...You can imagine it, a bunch of 20/30 somethings running around and giggling like school girls. To end the game we had to run to the van and touch it to be safe. I was still "it" at this point. I am tricky though. I tagged Lauren just as he was getting into the van, for only a moment he wasn't touching it. I am the best tagger ever!

All in all it was so fun to have some sibs and nephews here. We had a blast.

2 comments:

Davenport Family said...

YAY for Lizzy weighing 20 lbs! I can totally picture you tripping ever so gracefully;) Way to be a white trash mom! Oh well, I still love ya! Sorry my comments are random sentences, but that's just how my brain works;)

nora.lakehurst said...

OK that is so funny. I can totally see it too. You falling and then saying a few of your eastern words. Man you are hillarious.
Twidle Knots are not to bad. I think they are fun ;). Danni has not had them. But she sure is a meanie when it comes to combing her hair. She likes to bite the hand who feeds her litteraly. Anyways good times. Keep posting and I will keep replying my novels to you.
Love ya TONZ andy ou need to come out and play.
:D