Thursday, May 22, 2008

Dave again!

I have been here for a while. I left, and had three layovers to the country and then a week stay in one place and now i have been here for a week in my final destination. It is very hot and dusty. Our air conditioning broke the second day and still isn't fixed. It will be about two weeks when it gets fixed if they fix it when they say they will. It is above 100 every day. i have a big tanline.
I carry an M-4 assault rifle with an ACOG scope and an M-9 pistol. It is nice not having to wear the army combat uniform (ACU). I can wear any clothes, hats or sunglasses i want here.
It is wierd that i am here. So much time training and getting ready. And now it is happening. I call home as much as i can. I have a cell phone here too. I get free incoming calls so Felicia can call me. I really miss Felicia and Lizzy. It is fun talking to them on the phone. I love to hear Lizzy laugh too. I love thinking about what it will be like when i get home. I have lots of pictures on my computer and wall. I cant believe i will miss almost a year of their life. She is developing her personality so much.
I am lucky i have such a good wife that takes such good care of her. She is doing such a good job. I love Flee.
My connection is slow so it will take forever to up load pictures. I can only put a few up.


4 comments:

nora.lakehurst said...

Dave and to all of you over there. Thanks so much. I know that you will miss your baby girl so much. I miss my kids if I am away for more than six hours. Then I worry and keep telling myself they are not going to grow up in a few hours. But it sure ffeels like it.
Flee- Thank you for being an awesome support for your dear hubby. You are a great person. And a wonderful mommy. Keep up the happy smiles. Love you Karla

jamie said...

Hi Dave! It so great to hear from you. And your pictures are amazing. What an experience you are having. I hope you know (as well as all those serving with you) how much we appreciate the sacrifice you are making. Be safe and keep up with the updates, no matter how vague you have to be. ;) You're awesome!!
Jamie

Davenport Family said...

I'm so glad to see the pictures. Flee tells me all she can about what you're up to. We miss you and pray for you and all those with you all the time! I can just picture you carrying all your guns but then dressed all casual in a baseball hat or something:) We're so proud of you! Be safe & Go Wings!!!! (In case you didn't know they are in the Finals vs. the Pittsburgh Penguins. Game 1 starts this Saturday)

Davenport Family said...

P.S. I just looked at those pics, my computer was being retardedly slow. The beard is crazy, you look like a hockey player during playoffs. Love the on of you holding the gun, just what I pictured when you said you can dress however you want. Be safe & keep the updates coming when you can.