Since I posted last so many things in life have changed! Here we go...
1. Dave went to Africa and the girls and I went to my family's reunion in Colorado. Then the girls and I went up to Michigan until Dave got home.
2. The day after Dave came home we found out that the contract he was working on was not going to be renewed because of budgeting and he had 4 weeks to find a new job or we had to move to stay with his company.
3. His boss found him a position in the DC area! Whew. Relief.
4. The twins were blessed! It was so nice. All the grandparents were there, all 4 sets! It was a wonderful weekend.
5. The girls went in for their 2 month well child check (at 3 months old) and they are still perfect! I'll post their details in a bit. But know that they are just so cute and smiley now! And they are starting to talk all the time. It's so cute. :)
6. Lizzy started dance lessons in Nebraska. She could only go to 1 class before we moved, but she loved it! We are hoping to sign her up for preschool or dance once everything gets settled.
7.We moved to a house in Virginia, just a few minutes from where Dave's office will be in April. (SWEET! He'll have a short commute again...15 mins-ish) In the mean time, Dave is working from home, doing loads of training online while they are waiting for administrative stuff. After that happens he will be driving 1 hr+ commute both ways until April. No fun.
We love it here! We've already begun looking for a home to buy in our community. It's so nice here! It's a gated community with a guard, it has horse stables, a marina (from which you can get to the ocean! How cool is that?!), a few pools, basketball and tennis courts, a preschool for Lizzy, baseball fields and playgrounds! We also have our own private police force, a country club and golf course! And it's just so beautiful here. The leaves are starting to change colors!
Another reason we love it, it's close to family! My brother and his wife live in Alexandria for now and they are only 30 miles away! It's great having family so close. I'm still not used to it though, it's been so long.
IKEA! I forgot to mention that there is an Ikea 20 mins away! There is also loads of other great shopping near by too.
We love living so near DC. Last Saturday we drove up and went to the White House, Washington Monument and to the Lincoln Memorial. It was my first time in DC and I loved it! There is so much more for us to see and we hear all the museums are free!
We have lived here for 2 weeks now and I have already seen several bald eagles. Lizzy gets so excited when ever we see huge birds flying, she exclaims, "It's a Bald eagle mama! A bald eagle mama!" I just love to see her learn and get excited about things. She's so sweet. (Most of the time ;)



7 comments:
Yay, I am so glad you finally updated! I love all the pics, the girls are getting so big so fast! And that pic of Lizzy laying playing video games it adorable, she looks so long and grown up. I also love the one of her sleeping, so cute! I just love your adorable little family & I am so glad you guys are in DC and loving it. I can't wait to come and visit!!!!
Sheesh! Took you long enough to post huh? :) I'm happy that you guys are loving DC, but still sad that you are sooooooooooooooooooooo far away! I need to see these adorable little girls!!!!! Keep posting pictures at the very least, Nathan and I love looking at them!! Miss you!
I LOVE DC!
We lived there for a bit when I was growing up. We lived in Manassas actually but did the DC and surrounding areas tourist stuff. Up there is such a great jumping off point for so many adventures. I'm so excited for y'all!
I know several of my stafford friends have girls in dance. I can ask for names of studios if you want.
I'm so glad you like it there. VA definitely has its perks.
Just FYI though, all the smithsonian museums are free. Just be aware that not all the museums are smithsonians. We were a little surprised when we were charged for the first time.
Have fun! Maybe we'll be neighbors soon :)
It's good to see an update. I'm so glad things are going well for you. Your babies are getting so big! You have some sweet kiddos!
Wow, Flea,
Your babies look so much like you. Especially that last slide of Paige! I'm so glad you are doing well.
April
You have such cute little kidlets! I'm so glad to hear that things are going well for you. I hope you enjoy DC. I know you will, because even if it weren't a fun place, you find something good in everything with your upbeat attitude!
Post a Comment