Friday, September 14, 2007

A bountiful harvest

Where to begin...

Lizzy is 8 months old! Can you believe it?

She is crawling. Everywhere.

She is a tiny dancer. My girls got rhythm.

She is the best vacuum we have ever had!

She is an avid waver.

Her favorite word/phrase is "Dada Dada da" Translation: "There's my Dada!"

She is still toothless.

Again, she is very much a water baby! She loves kicking and splashing around!

Lizzy has a funny way of scrunching up her face and sucking in her top lip. She looks like a baby bird! (Abe-perhaps we have another eagle in the family) So Cute!

Oh yeah! We had a really big thunder storm the other day and it HAILED! It was awesome.

Now for a cute story. We ride G-pa's golf cart around the farm and Lizzy loves it! She squeals with excitement at the sight of it! Whenever we take her out she starts humming because she likes to hear her voice fluctuate from the bumps in the field. It's so cute we will try to catch it on video for all y'all.

We live directly across from the pear orchard and have been enjoying it. The other day we went out a picked some! We also picked some wild apples! Tis the season. I love it! It has made both Dave and I, very excited to plant fruit trees in our own yard someday! WOO HOO for self reliance. :o)

Back to the pear/apple harvest. The trees are over loaded! I am going to can apple sauce and make homemade apple pies and can the pears! Yeah for fun! If anyone has any other good recipes or ideas for the fruit, I am open for suggestions.



4 comments:

nora.lakehurst said...

Oh my cuteness. I cant believe it. Now what am I going to do with you Flee. Your little gal is just so cute and now I am jelous that I dont get to play with her and let her be happy little friends with Dannan :( Oh well. I guess we will have to wait till you come out to visit Dave family. love ya and give that little sweetie a BIG hug for me.

Stacey said...

I'm glad all is well with you guys. Thanks for updating finally! ;)

jamie said...

she is sooo cute. walker misses her. she seriously is one of the most beautiful little girls i have ever seen. give her lots of love for us!

Davenport Family said...

Glad you finally posted an update. Lizzy is getting so big! That's funny that she sucks in her upper lip. Kimmie always sucks in her lower lip. Can you believe we are moms?!?!?!? I'm so jealous of all the fun stuff you guys get to do in Michigan. We miss you guys a ton, come visit us soon!!!! Love you:)