Saturday, August 15, 2009

Above and beyond

Lizzy and I just got home from a 10 day trip to MI, I'll do a blog about that later. I was so so tired and relieved when we finally met Dave at baggage claim. While he was putting the car seat in the car, I was putting the stroller in the trunk and Lizzy came around the corner of the car and said, "Momma, I have a present for you!" Then she handed me this...





I love it! Dave is so good to me. For those who don't know, I grew up in the cherry capital of the world, that's why he chose a cherry necklace. :)

Dave took care of everything while we were gone. We came home to a spotless house, a clean car and a roast with carrots and potatoes ready to eat in the fridge.

When we got home we put Lizzy in bed and curled up on the couch for some Fla-Vor-Ice and AFV. It's so nice to be home.

5 comments:

mom gilbert said...

I am glad you all made it back home safely. It was fun having you all here. Nice of Dave to have everything so nice for you AND necklace! Your dad always had things perfect when i returned home from a trip also. it is so nice1 mom

September said...

Awww...so sweet. I love it! (The sweet husband story and the necklace).

Stacey said...

That is so sweet! I love that necklace,it's so cute! WTG Dave!

Steve and Chelle said...

ARG! I just typed a whole long comment and it got lost. bug.

yes he is mazo! But I already knew that.

and btw, we miss you too, and yes I will be calling you and telling you all about it. (as per your fb comment on my status)

and another btw, love the attitude pics of lizzy. aahhh, you make my heart hurt!! I love having you come visit and I wouldn't trade it for the world, but it always makes it so much harder when you leave!

eh, whatever. I'll get over it. have a beautiful day!!! :)

Corilee said...

Isn't it great having a thoughtful hubby?!!