Mom, Lizzy and I went to Kentucky and Tennessee for vacation. We got back almost a week ago. It was a great trip. We had loads of fun visiting Sib's and nephews. Lizzy just loved her cousins!
Anyway, on the Saturday morning (4am) before we left to come back to Michigan, Lizzy threw up! In the morning she woke up and seemed fine. She ate a good breakfast then we got on the road. We thought that she must have eaten something that made her sick. Now, 6 days later, she is still sick! She has thrown up most every morning (between 2:30-5 am) and has had non-stop diarrhea. She won't eat hardly anything. She drinks alot of liquids though, which is really good. I have taken her to the Dr. 2 times this week so they can keep an eye on her weight. She weighed 18 lbs on her 12month check up and now, 3 months later she only weighs 17 lbs! You can see her ribs sticking out of her back, it's so sad. (I'm not sure what she weighed before she got sick, but I know it was at least 20 lbs. Likely more.) The Dr. said that she has a virus and we will just have to wait. I have to keep trying to feed her things like bread, yogurt, bananas, and oatmeal. She is going back to the Dr. today because now she is acting like there is something wrong with her right arm. She grabs her arm with her left hand and leans toward me and whines. If she is wearing a long sleeve shirt, she will pull the sleeve up and do the same thing. I hope we get some better news today.
In the midst of all this, Lizzy is still the smiliest little girl ever! I know that she's not be feeling well, but you'd never guess it when you look at her. She smiles and laughs, makes jokes, and talks alot.
I have to go wake her up to go to the Dr. now. If you would please remember Lizzy in your prayers, we'd all really appreciate it. Thanks, I hope you are all doing well.
5 comments:
I totally feel your pain..Kimmie has been sick too, she wouldn't eat for almost a month, she was loosing weight and we were at the doctor all the time. After a few things they decided it was acid reflux. Kimmie would scream and arch back and to the side, while slamming her face into my chest, it was HORRIBLE! She is taking medicine now but still seems to be having trouble, but she is eating more. Ok, this is super long, I'm just going to call you in the morning and we'll talk. Love you guys!
I'm so sorry Lizzy is sick. I hope the Dr. can figure out what's going on and make her better soon. We will be thinking about you guys.
Aww,I'm sorry she is sick. :( I hope the doctor can figure out what is wrong so she will feel better soon.
Too bad you can't just move to Oregon instead of Utah:( I am so excited to see you guys this week. We have to get lots of pictures of Kimmie & Lizzy together!
I am just reading your post, how is Lizzy? I hope she is better by now...
Post a Comment