Thursday, December 7, 2006

The afternoon in Bisbee


Last weekend Dave and I had nothing to do so we went to Bisbee on the recommendation of my Aunt Lenna, and it was great! It is such a cute little town tucked away in a tiny valley with very steep mountains on either side. The buildings are adorable and the shops are very "hippy-esque" for the lack of a better word. Then as we were walking down the street we saw a well known Bisbee resident! Do you know who it is yet? It was the Dog, Cat and Mouse man. As you can see he has a dog sleeping on the side walk, and on the dog...a cat! and on the cat, 2 MICE!! Can you believe it? Our first walk by I thought...."adorable", then I started thinking about it, mice aren't loyal pets, they'll run off on you the first chance they get! On our return walk past them to go home, nearly 45 mins later, they were all in the same spot, hadn't moved at all! The only explanation for such odd animal behavior is that the owner must drug them with the money people put in his hat! What do you think?

3 comments:

Jen said...

Why does it look like he's pulling on them in the picture? And I hope you put lots of money in his hat so the animals could continue their habit, cause that is nothing but cool.

Abe Gilbert said...

I think that they're all dead. As a matter of fact, if you look closely you can see parts of small steel wheels on the underbelly of the dog. -abe

CAT said...

What happened? Did I say something wrong to have my comment deleted?

I live in this small mining town in southern Arizona, and like I said, Greg, the Bisbee cat and dog man, is a pretty nice guy. He does not drug his animals, but gently trains them. Sometimes he even has birds on the cat's back instead of mice.

The reason it might look like he's pulling them is because he complies with the city's requirement to keep them on a leash.