Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Merry Christmas/Happy New Year/Happy Birthday Lizzy!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Christmas was so great this year! The whole family flew/drove in from all over the America's to Michigan. All 22 of us stayed at my parents house! It was a bit tight, but so fun. Grant came home from his mission. Welcome home little brother. There was food cooked and eaten, sledding, games played, gifts given, more food, movies watched on the wall, family pictures taken, all day shopping marathons, wrestling with the nephews...merriment to be had by all!


HAPPY NEW YEAR!


Dave and I rang in the new year with my old friend Heather and her new husband Adam. We had so much fun! We stayed up playing games (Cranium-Loved it!) and eating good food. After midnight we went sledding down the hill down the road. It was so cold seeing as we weren't propery dressed for the activity. Also, I want to give a shout out to Care for babysitting for us that night, thanks again!

In Between...

We are now in Utah! We came out for Dave's training and will be here for the next little while. The drive out was awesome! the weather was perfect for the most part and we made it in only 2 days! We expected to take 3 because of Lizzy, but she was such a trooper! She didn't really whine except for when she needed a diaper change or when she was hungry. She pretty much hung out with her teddy the whole time. It was so sweet to see her sleep with him, she just wouldn't let him go.

We stayed up in SLC for the first couple of days here with Dave's grandparents. We took Lizzy to Temple Square for the first time and she got to ride the UTA Trax down town. It was such an adventure can I even tell you? There are some interesting folks who ride that. But all in all, good times.


LIZZY'S BIRTHDAY!

Today Lizzy turned a year old! Can you even believe it has been that long? It's a bitter sweet thing. I am so glad that she is growing and learning and developing like she should, but sad because she isn't a baby anymore. Yes, true, she will always be my baby...but...ehhh....you know what I mean. It's just the time is going by so quickly! We are so amazed by that little sweetness we have.

Right, anyways....So. Today I baked Lizzy's cake and decorated it. It was not pretty. We (Lizzy's Hastings family and uncle Grant) sang her "happy birthday" and let her try to blow out her candle. It was so cute! She couldn't quite figure out what we were all doing. Then we gave her her very own cupcake. We stripped her down to her diaper because we were expecting a big mess, we got the opposite. She would just pinch her frosting between her pointer and thumb then neatly place it in her mouth! She only ate a bit of the cake part and then she was done! Seriously!

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Cute pics! I can't believe Lizzie is a year old Flee! That's crazy!

Davenport Family said...

I'm glad you finally updated your blog! I love the pics of Lizzy, she is so skinny and so stinking cute! By the way, your hair looks way cute, I love it dark! Well, we miss you super lots and can't wait for you to come visit!!!! Love you!